Commissioning of buildings
2. Statistical presentation
Data on residential buildings commissioned, number and floor space of dwellings are used to estimate construction output in administrative territories of the Republic of Latvia.
Statistical concepts and definitions
Number of dwellings commissioned, total floor space thereof, as well as the total floor space of the buildings commissioned (in breakdown by type of construction).
The data are collected and compiled on the following types of construction:
- one-dwelling buildings (excluding summer cottages and garden-houses);
- summer cottages and garden-houses;
- two- and more dwelling buildings;
- residences for communities of different social groups;
- hotels and similar buildings;
- office buildings;
- wholesale and retail trade buildings;
- traffic and communication buildings;
- industrial buildings and warehouses;
- public entertainment, education, hospital or institutional care buildings;
- other non-residential buildings.
Comparability - geographical
4. Statistical processing
Starting with 2020, data on buildings erected and number of dwellings as well as floor space thereof are collected only from administrative data source - Construction Information System.
Data of 2018 - 2019 were acquired using quarterly report questionnaire No. 1-BA "Building Permits Granted, New Construction and Commissioning of Buildings" (further, 1-BA) and from Construction Information System.
Until 2018 data were acquired using only questionnaire 1-BA.
The survey covers cities under state jurisdiction and counties: 36 local governments of counties and 7 councils of cities under state jurisdiction.
Data on the local governments of 36 counties and 7 city councils of national significance are obtained from administrative data sources (Construction Information System). Annual data are obtained by summing quarterly data.