Building permits granted
2. Statistical presentation
Data on building permits granted allow acquiring information on building permits issued and building types, number and intended floor space of new constructions or reconstruction, renovation or restoration of existing buildings.
Statistical concepts and definitions
Permits granted and intended floor space.
The data are collected and compiled on the following types of construction:
- one-dwelling buildings (excluding summer cottages and garden-houses);
- summer cottages and garden-houses;
- two- and more dwelling buildings;
- residences for communities;
- hotels and similar buildings;
- office buildings;
- wholesale and retail trade buildings;
- traffic and communication buildings;
- industrial buildings and warehouses;
- public entertainment, education, hospital or institutional care buildings;
- other non-residential buildings.
Comparability - geographical
EU data in Eurostat database: Short-term business statistics / Building permits.
4. Statistical processing
Starting with 2020, data on building permits granted (also of new buildings) are acquired only from administrative data source - Construction Information System.
Data of 2018 - 2019 were acquired using quarterly report questionnaire No. 1-BA "Building Permits Granted, New Construction and Commissioning of Buildings" (further, 1-BA) and from Construction Information System.
Until 2018 data were acquired using only questionnaire 1-BA.
Data on the local governments of 36 counties and 7 city councils of national significance are obtained from administrative data sources (Construction Information System).
Data on the local governments of 36 counties and 7 city councils of national significance are obtained from administrative data sources. Annual data are obtained by summing quarterly data.