Datasets for research
- Individual data or microdata are records from surveys, population censuses or registers on individuals, households or enterprises.
- Anonymized individual data can be only used for scientific or research purposes, moreover, research result has to assure benefit to all society.
How confidentiality of respondent information is guaranteed?
- Before handing over individual data to research, they are anonymized. Records never contain direct indicators (name, surname, personal code). If needed, deletion or transcoding of indirect identifier (using wider classes, for example, age group instead of age in years, geographic indicators are indicated only at regional or county level) is carried out.
- Access is limited – only for scientific and research purposes and on contractual basis.
- Data are not handed out in data carriers. Data set stays at the CSB and researchers work with individual data in a remote access mode. Final results are verified by experts of the Central Statistical Bureau and researchers receive only those final results that do not disclose confidential information.
Research data catalogue